Common Eligibility Test
One great news that comes after a long year pertaining to job recruitment is that the Union Cabinet has decided to set up a National Recruitment Agency (NRA).
NRA will be set up to conduct exams for jobs. Union Cabinet is chaired by our PM Narendra Modi. CET Exam is a great initiative of the Government.
In India, every year for about 1.28 lakhs jobs is announced for which 3 crore students apply. After any recruitment exam for those vacancies, the biggest problem is the declaration of results.
These exams are conducted by different agencies like the Railway recruitment board, SSC, IBPS, UPSC, and state agencies.
The irony is that even after having exams students are waiting years for the result. Especially for the exams conducted by state agencies, this is a prime problem. No one knows when these results will be declared.
SSC conducts exams like CGL, CHSL, MTS and the problem is their result declaration. The results of these exams have been deferring for years. SSC CGL is the most important exam conducted by the staff selection commission.
SSC CGL 2017 recruitment procedure is still incomplete. It is a travesty of India that in 2020, the result of UPPSC 2013 vacancies has come. Students have become desperate because of it.
Students fight tooth and nail for these exams and what they get in the end is a never-ending wait for results.
It is really a sobering matter on which finally the government has taken a decision. It indeed is a splendid decision for students who are sick and tired of this recruitment system.
In this unprecedented time of corona where students are fretting about their career, many recruitment exams have canceled and many government bodies declared that vacancies will not open for at least 2 years.
RRB has already declared that there will be no vacancies for the next 2 years due to inadequate liquidity.
50 million people have lost their jobs in this debacle time. Same to Railway recruitment exams, there are many vacancies that are still searching for light in a day.
Exams conducted by the Staff selection commission of India have been delaying various exam results like SSC CGL, CHSL. Students are still waiting for the conduction of RRB NTPC.
Railway has notified for RRB NTPC exam in march 2019 but it hasn’t conducted in 2020. Its a travesty of the Indian recruitment system. students are preparing for exams with all dedication and hard work but what they get at the end wait for exam results.
Students are exasperating because of this deferment system. I think this would be marvelous and relieving news for aspiring candidates.
1. National Recruitment agency is constituted to conduct preliminary common entrance tests for group B and C non-technical posts. Recruitment on these posts is conducted by SSC, RRB, and IBPS.
2. NRA will conduct preliminary exams for the screening of students for group B and C non-technical posts. Later, more exams will conduct under it. NRA incorporates representatives from RRB, SSC, and IBPS.
3. NRA is constituted of the National test agency that is responsible for conducting exams in the country. All job recruitment test will be conducted by a single agency, it will reduce the delay time of exam conduction.
1. NRA will conduct a preliminary exam on three-level: Matriculate (10th), Higher Secondary(12th), and graduate level. The common exam will conduct separately for these levels.
This exam is known as the CET exam,i.e common eligibility test. This test is merely for the screening of students for the next stage. After the preliminary test other states will be conducted by respective a recruitment like RRB, SSC, and IBPS.
2. These three levels will divide on the basis of academic qualification. After differentiating job recruitment according to academic qualification, the NRA will make an arrangement to conduct an exam.
For example, if students are high school pass, NRA will conduct an exam for jobs required high school passed candidates.
The same happens with intermediate and graduate students. NRA will conduct a separate common preliminary exam for intermediate and graduate candidates.
3. But it should be noted that NRA will conduct only the first stage exam i.e pre-exam while the rest of the stages of job recruitment will be conducted by respective recruiting agencies.
Common Eligibility Test
CET will be conducted online. This exam will be conducted in 12 languages mentioned in the 8th schedule of the Indian constitution. CET scorecard will be valid for 3 years after the declaration of the result.
The current year CET scorecard will be best for recruitment. There are no restrictions on the number of attempts, it will be subjected to the upper age limit.
However, relaxation in age limit will be given to students of SC/ST/OBC candidates as per the extant policy of the government.
CET structure will similar to exams like NET, GATE. There are exams like NET, GATE these exams have been conducting for admission in Ph.D. and M.Tech respectively.
You can use the CET scorecard as engineering students are using the scorecard of GATE for getting jobs and admission in M.Tech. Same as GATE you can use the scorecard of CET for getting jobs in various agencies like railways, banks, SSCs, and state jobs.
To conduct CET, examination centers will be set up in every district of the country. The government is planning to create an examination infrastructure in the 117 Aspirational Districts. These Aspirational centers will have all facilities of conducting exams.
The representative of recruitment agencies will present at the Aspirational district centers at the time of exams. Students can contact them if they will face any issue during the exam.
Intention behind CET
1. The government wants to reduce the burden from poor students who are not capable to pay the fees of every job vacancy. In today’s time, students are appearing in multiple examinations that are conducted by different agencies.
For this students have to pay for registration, traveling, accommodation, and so on. The prime motive of this exam is to reduce the financial burden of students.
2. In India, there are many vacancies that get stalled after pre exams. These vacancies are searching for light in a day.
Many vacancies have prolonged cycles like SSC CGL have 4 stage cycle which makes it the lengthiest a perennial exam cycle. The single recruitment test will reduce this extravagant period.
3. Some of the departments asserted that they will not conduct any further exams after CET and go with the CET scorecard followed by medical and physical tests.
4. CET scorecard will work as a admit card in appearing interviews conducted for job recruitments. CET cards will valid for 3 years so students can use this scorecard for 3 years to appear in interviews as well as applicable for direct recruitment.
Aspirants Views on Decision:
Every decision has two sides: positive and negative. To review any decision we have to inspect both aspects of the decision. Many students are dubious about this decision. Some students are happy while some feel it is just an ostensible scheme.
Some of the students are resiting this decision by saying it just a paper plan it will not implement in reality. I have talked to so many aspirants of different government examinations.
I got a mixed reaction to this decision. Some of the aspirants feeling ecstatic that exams will conduct at a time and process of result declaration will also detract.
While some of the aspirants are feeling perplexed whether it will be benefited, students. For understanding their response we have to review both the aspects.
Benefits for CET:
1. CET has a gazillion of benefits. It will definitely make prolonged exam conduction and result declaration process easy.
CET will conduct by a single recruitment agency so there will no excuse for coordination problems between the government and recruitment agencies.
3. It will ramp up recruitment procedures in various departments. Because of the CET prodigious number of job vacancies will be finalized on time.
In India, this is the biggest problem that there are so many job vacancies that are vacant whereas students are desperate due to the inadequacy of jobs.
4. CET will reduce the financial burden from students as students need not fill various forms for job recruitments.
Students have been spending thousands of rupees on job forms. Think about them as students are unemployed, it creates a financial burden on their parents
Is CET Exam a Superficial Policy?
1. CET Exam is a common eligibility test for the preliminary exam. But what about further stages. Will it possible that further stages will get conducted on time?
It’s like same stuff on a new package. The main problem is the completion of the whole process of job recruitment. This policy is only for pre exams but the problem is still the same as it before.
4. CET is valid for 3 years. But each year cutoff would increase then it will make the previous year scorecard useless.
Each year students will pass the exam with different marks so cutoff will also increase with the number of candidates. I think this will quite unfair for students who qualified for CET Exam in the previous year with minimum cutoff marks.
Proposed Budget on NRA
The union cabinet has approved 1517.57 crores for 3 years for NRA. The money will be spent on NRA and to create of examination centers in Aspirational Districts.
The government has declared already declared to spend 6% of GDP on education in new education policy. The proposed budget will be part of the education budget declared by the government.
The government is planning to spend a large portion of its share on education. It is the need of hours as if we can’t give importance to education then in the future, it will impact India’s economy.
Implementation in States:
Digital Strikes on Exams :
Students are furious and gloomy about their future. Students are pissed off from the job recruitment process as many exams which results haven’t declared yet.
Students are waiting for exam results of SSC for so many years, some of the students are still waiting for joining.
Many educators from an online platform like youtube come forward to exhort the government to conduct the RRB NTPC exam and release pending exam results of SSC and other exams.
It indeed a sobering matter on which the government should look into. Students are the future of the nation but in India, their future seems in gloomy.
Students are urging the government to ponder their plights. Students are preparing for examinations with their complete hard-work and dedication but they haven’t got the opportunity to give an exam. Is it plausible?
The culmination of Policy:
Every decision has both sides we have to ponder on both aspects of CET. It is a good decision it will definitely speed up the recruitment process in various departments.
But Governments should make sure that further stages will conduct on time by recruitment agencies. If the idea of CET will be implemented as it drafted then it will surely a boon for students who are assiduously preparing for government jobs.